One of the main learning portions of a good early childhood education classroom is the dramatic play area. Also called pretend play or imaginary play, dramatic play, like this idea of a Dramatic Play Donut Shop, help children break through reality and utilize pretend play to recreate scenes that they might encounter as they go throughout life.
A good dramatic play station includes the following:
- Inviting Atmosphere: Bright colors, many realistic props, and plenty of room to play are essentials to creating an inviting atmosphere.
- Plenty of Props: Having plenty of the desired props (in this case, order forms, money, and donuts) makes a dramatic play area run smoothly.
- Social Skills and Interation: The ability to play different roles (donut maker, customer, cashier) and interact with others is paramount to dramatic play.
Dramtic Play Donut Shop Printables
Included in these free dramatic play donut shop printables are the following:
- Pretend money
- Three sheets of printable donuts for pretend order fulfillment
- Order forms
- Donut shop prices 8.5×11 sign
- Donut shop menu 8.5×11 sign
- 8.5×11 Sign for Donut shop
Just click on the text below each photo to access a PDF to print as you need. Plus, don’t forget to have fun with this imaginary play station!